Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Johari Window

Self disclosure lies in the hands of each individual person. I personally disclose different amounts of information to different people. My girlfriend is one of the people I trust most, along with my parents. With these people, I will tell almost anything that I have on my mind. I know that these people will support me with any problems I am having and will give me advice when I need it. With these people, I disclose information as simple as what I had for lunch that day all the way to personal information.
Now on the other hand, people that I do not know as well, I am a bit more closed in what I bring to the table. The way I see it, these people probably do not care what I had for lunch. When I first meet someone, I talk to them and try to figure out what common interests we share so I know what to talk about and what information I feel necessary to disclose with this other individual.
Self disclosure for some people has no boundaries. I have met quite a few people who will tell you their life story the minute you meet them. This bugs me. Usually I am preoccupied and do not really care about their life story the first minute I meet someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment